STEP 1: Register at the AFEPA application platform www.applications.afepa.eu. You will automatically receive a confirmation email, providing you with your log-in information: user ID and password. Before starting the application procedure, make sure you:
- have read the admission requirements carefully. The AFEPA consortium will apply the criteria very meticulously. If you have any questions please contact the AFEPA coordination office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- are familiar with the application deadlines before starting your application. Please note that different deadlines exist for scholarship and non-scholarship applicants. For the latter group the deadlines also vary based on the geographic origin.
STEP 2: Complete your application in the application platform before the deadline. Make sure you devote enough time for this step to gather and prepare all the necessary documents.
At this point no paper version of any documents need to be submitted. All documents that applicants upload onto the platform, however, will have to be either a copy of an original (if the original document is written in English) or certified translated copy of the original (if the original document is written in language different than English). The AFEPA consortium may ask applicants at a later date to send paper versions of their application documents. For each required document (ex. Bachelor Diploma and Transcript of Records): please merge all original copies and translations into one pdf document in order to upload them.
We strongly advise you to start this process well in advance of the application window, particularly in regards to the English language proficiency* requirement and the reference forms**. You can save your progress and come back to the online application platform as often as you like.
Required documents include:
- Copy of identification (e.g. ID, Passport).
- Copy of academic transcripts and diploma (translated certified copy if original is not in English)
- Copy of school-leaving certificate (high school certificate) (translated certified copy if original is not in English)
- Copy of other relevant documents
- Copy of language certificate (see requirements)
- Motivation letter (no more than 300 words)
- 2 Reference forms (Please list your referees with their names and email addresses in the online application platform. Preferably, one referee should be academic. An automatic email will be sent to the referees you have chosen, asking them to submit their filled reference form directly to us (please note that your referees will fill in a customized format of the reference form). You will be able to see whether they have submitted their references by verifying the checklist of your application form.)***
*Applicants having their original documents written in language different than English must submit a certified legal copy of their original documents in English.
** AFEPA is an English language master’s programme. In the case where either the official diploma or official marks list is in another language, two versions of the document must be submitted: the original and a certified translation into English (all merged and submitted as one pdf document).
*** The referees will need to fill in, sign and upload their reference forms before the application deadline. Please note that in order to submit your application, your reference forms must be uploaded to the platform.
Candidates applying to the AFEPA master’s programme within the regular deadline 31st of January can simultaneously apply for an Erasmus Mundus Joint Masters Degrees (EMJMD) Scholarships
STEP 3: Wait. All applications will be reviewed and ranked by the academic board.
Ranking of Applicants
Applicants are ranked according to their academic merit and the other AFEPA minimum requirements. The admission of applicants is based on decisions made by the Consortium Board. The Consortium Board will allocate the students among the four universities for the first semester based on students’ preferences and their rank in the application process.
The coordinator will conduct an initial filtering (based on minimum requirements) and submit the remaining applications for consideration by the Consortium committee. A preselection of the best students among the completed submissions is then made by the Consortium committee. The preselection of these students will depend on the excellence of their studies. At the end a ranking meeting will be organised by the Consortium committee to discuss the top candidates and to select the final scholarship recipients. A final list of students (main list and reserve list) will be established in accordance with the admission requirements.
Regional, gender and social situation will be taken into account in the final selection (i.e. among the best candidates) but will not take precedence over merit, quality and competence. The process will respect the principles of Euraxess “European Charter for Researchers” and the “Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers” including non-discrimination, equal treatment, transparency, recognition of qualifications, lifelong development and mobility experience. The final selection of candidates will comply with the maximum number of scholarships per country and per institution of origin defined by the European Commission.
The result of the admission process and EMJMD student scholarship for all applicants (from programme and partner countries) is send out in March to each applicant via email. The following outcomes are possible: accepted with scholarship, accepted with scholarship – waiting list, accepted without scholarship, not accepted. Scholarship applicants should be notified of their status at the beginning of March; for the self-funding applicants this depends on the time when they submitted their application, and on the 1st year chosen university and it’s deadlines for programme admission.
- AFEPA applicants have the right to appeal against the selection decision. For doing so, applicants should fill in an appeal form and send it to the AFEPA coordination office (email@example.com) together with supporting documents (if necessary), within a period of 15 days starting from the day after the notification of selection results. The AFEPA Management Board will respond within one month after reception of the appeal.
- Before appealing, please note that our selection process is very competitive. Few scholarships are available in relation to the large number of high-quality applications.